Apply For FSSAI | Food License Online Registration
Types of FSSAI license
Businesses engaged in food activities are required to apply to obtain a food license, which can be of various types depending on the size of the firm’s turnover and the nature of the business. Food types FSSAI distribution type as shown below:
1. FSSAI registration base
FSSAI registration services for Food business operators (FBO’s) that are small and medium-sized businesses or startups. Their annual turnover is at least Rs 12 lakh. The registration database can be updated depending on your company’s sales schedule and performance.
2. FSSAI State License
FSSAI State license for small and medium-sized businesses. Their annual turnover is more than Rs 12 lakh, and it is already RS 20 crore. State licenses can be added even before the basic license, as it all depends on your company’s sales and performance.
3. Central Office of the FSSAI
The central FSSAI licenses are applied by FBO, which is a large business, with an annual turnover that is above Rs 20 crore. If necessary, it will be necessary to provide state-owned enterprises or import/export food products.
Benefits of applying for FSSAI Registration Online
- Consumer Awareness – All FBOs must know that an FSSAI Licence adds the benefit of a reliable & loyal customer base.
- Legal Advantage – FSSAI Registration is done under the regulatory body FSSAI, and legal action can be taken for any non-compliance.
- FSSAI Logo – FSSAI logo is a mark of validity and an assurance to your consumers that the food is safe to consume.
- Business Expansion – The goodwill of the Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) will make a business available and effortless to expand.
Procedure for obtaining a food license
You can make it so that this FSSA can apply directly to the government. This process is lengthy and requires 60 days to complete:Step 1: Fill the FSSAI licensing registration form A on the FSSAI website and make the payment for the FSSAI application at the FBO which is nearby your locality.
Step 2: Once the payment confirmation is reflected in your FSSAI account, you need to file Form B with the government. Some multiple declarations and resolutions need to be filed with your application. E.g., board resolution, owner self-declaration. These declarations should ideally be prepared by a company secretary.
Step 3: You will then need to follow up with the government department for an update on your application. The government may send back your application for edits – if you fail to respond with 30 days of the application, then your application will be rejected.
Step 4: The government department will take 45-60 working days to completely review your application and approve the same. Else, you can hire IP RANI for getting the FSSAI license for you. We get licenses issued in 96% of our cases and save our customers from all the government hassles. In certain situations, customers might need to visit the Food department or pay additional fees to the inspector.
Required Documents for Registration
- Declaration form
- Authority letter
- Copy of Property paper (If owned property)
- Copy of Rent agreement (If rented property)
- Food Safety Management System plan or certificate
- Electricity/ Water bill (Business Place)
- Copy of Aadhaar Card/ Voter identity card of Proprietor/ Partners/ Director
- Form IX: Nomination of Persons by a Company along with the Board Resolution